check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Licensed Safety Professional (LSP)
- class 20 Courses
- access_time 242:00 hours / 24.2 CEUs
The Licensed Safety Professional Certificate is the highest designation offered by NASP and indicates the highest level of proficiency. The Licensed Safety Professional level is an indication of a level of proficiency expected of a safety professional who is capable of developing and managing a comprehensive facility-wide or corporate safety program and supervising others to do the same. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety, but we find that the average completion time is approximately 242 hours. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Our Licensed Safety Professional (LSP) Certificate will allow you to do the following:
- Develop advanced workplace safety management techniques
- Discover a brand new perspective of safety that will empower you
- Perform as a safety expert, manager and administrator
- Learn training methodologies that change the way your employees work
- Avoid civil and criminal liability for accidents and injuries
- Determine proper interpretation and application of OSHA regulations
- Establish acceptable analysis and documentation of workplace hazards
- Manage workplace safety inspections and audits
- Investigate, analyze and document workplace accidents and root cause analysis
- Create and manage a successful safety culture using the latest behavior modification techniques
- Develop, implement, and manage your own safety programs, saving your company money
- Learn requirements with OSHA compliance, workplace safety related EPA guidelines and relevant DOT regulations.
- Manage hazardous materials
- Learn techniques to prevent workplace violence
- Develop proper response to emergencies and implement an emergency management program
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of workplace safety and how to manage safety in your workplace, with emphasis on Behavior Based Safety
Prerequisites and Authorization:
The LSP Certificate is a stand-alone Certificate. However, NASP/IASP's designations are designed to be achieved in a step by step building block process where each level achieved is a step toward the next higher level. Obtaining the LSP requires successful completion of 20 areas of specialization listed below.
The student will take an online exam at the end of each specialist course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $595.Upon completion of this Refresher course, the student does not earn CEUs. This Refresher course does not require the student to view all material to proceed to the next module. IACET does not allow NASP/IASP to issue CEUs for recertification when students may simply take the recertification exam without viewing course materials.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.