check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Licensed Safety Professional Part 1
- class 10 Courses
- access_time 150:00 Hours
Our Licensed Safety Professional on our legacy platform is being discontinued, and we are excited to announce that it will be moving here, to our new Learning Management System (LMS)! Clicking “Add to Cart” will redirect you to purchase the Licensed Safety Professional on our LMS. After payment, you will receive the series of nine courses of the Licensed Safety Professional which must be completed within 6 months. Please note that you must complete the Student Information Sheet in your course before gaining access to the first course in the LSP Part 1. After completion of LSP Part 1, we will add LSP Part 2 (second series of nine courses) to your account.
Licensed Safety Professional (LSP)
*Upgrade from a CSM for $4200.00
*Upgrade from a CSD for $2100.00
(When upgrading from a CSM or CSD, our system should automatically calculate your upgrade pricing. If, however, it does not, you may contact us to receive the special pricing.)
The Licensed Safety Professional Certification is the highest designation offered by NASP/IASP and indicates the highest level of proficiency. The Licensed Safety Professional level is an indication of a level of proficiency expected of a safety professional who is capable of developing and managing a comprehensive facility wide or corporate safety program and supervising others to do the same. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety, but we find that the average completion time is approximately 328 hours. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Our Licensed Safety Professional (LSP) Certification will allow you to do the following:
- Develop advanced workplace safety management techniques
- Discover a brand new perspective of safety that will empower you
- Perform as a safety expert, manager and administrator
- Learn training methodologies that change the way your employees work
- Avoid civil and criminal liability for accidents and injuries
- Determine proper interpretation and application of OSHA regulations
- Establish acceptable analysis and documentation of workplace hazards
- Manage workplace safety inspections and audits
- Investigate, analyze and document workplace accidents and root cause analysis
- Create and manage a successful safety culture using the latest behavior modification techniques
- Develop, implement, and manage your own safety programs, saving your company money
- Learn requirements with OSHA compliance, workplace safety related EPA guidelines and relevant DOT regulations.
- Manage hazardous materials
- Learn techniques to prevent workplace violence
- Develop proper response to emergencies and implement an emergency management program
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of workplace safety and how to manage safety in your workplace, with emphasis on Behavior Based Safety
The student will take a comprehensive online exam for each specialization course. You must score 80% to receive certification. You have two opportunities to pass each exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $595.
All NASP/IASP certifications are stand-alone certifications. However, NASP/IASP's designations are designed to be achieved in a step by step building block process where each level achieved is a step toward the next higher level. You may purchase the highest level certification, and it will encompass the building blocks below it. If you have started at a lower level and are now trying to work towards a higher certification, please contact us for special pricing. Obtaining the LSP requires successful completion of the CSM plus the following eighteen areas of specialization.
|• Job Hazard Analysis Specialist (JHA)||• Confined Space Entry Specialist (CSS|
|• Accident Investigation Specialist (AIS)||• Electrical Safety Specialist (ESS)|
|• Behavior Based Safety Specialist (BBS)||• Personal Protective Equipment Specialist (PES)|
|• Emergency Management Specialist (SEM)||• Fire Prevention Specialist (FPS)|
|• Hazard Communication Specialist (HCS)||• OSHA Recordkeeping Specialist (ORS)|
|• HAZWOPER Specialist (HZS)||• Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist (VPS)|
|• Lockout Tagout Specialist (LTS)||• Walking Working Surfaces and Fall Protection Specialist (WWS)|
|• Environmental Specialist (ENS)||• Workplace Ergonomics Specialist (WES)|
|• Trenching and Excavation Specialist (TES)||• Machine Guarding Specialist (MGS)|
Licensed Safety Professional (LSP)