check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Certified Environmental Manager (CEM)
- class 12 Courses
- access_time 40:00 hours / 4.00 CEUs
This Certified Environmental Manager (CEM) is an indication to employers, potential employers, regulatory agencies, and the courts that you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to a level of proficiency expected of a professional who is capable of working with little or no supervision while managing the environmental programs, policies, and procedures common to business and industry. This course will provide the tools necessary to implement proper environmental compliance and an effective environmental program. Students will learn how to understand and interpret EPA regulations, how to better comply with these regulations, how to minimize civil and criminal liability, and how to create a workplace free from environmentally-recognized hazards that are common to industry, construction and governmental agencies. The average completion time for the course is approximately 40 hours. You have up to six months to complete the course.
• The requirements and practices to maintain clean air.
• The requirements and practices to maintain clean water.
• The chemical terms and concepts necessary to understand the information available to you concerning the hazardous chemicals you may encounter.
• An understanding of the labels and Safety Data Sheets for the hazardous chemicals found in your facility.
• An overview of the environmental-related plans, programs, policies, and procedures required.
• An understanding of Spill Prevention and Planning.
• The proper use and limitations of the DOT Emergency Response Guide.
• An understanding of what hazardous waste is along with proper handling, storage and disposal of hazwastes at a facility
• An audit of your current safety or environmental management system to determine compliance with various standards including VPP, ANSI Z10, I2P2, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam for this course. You must score 80% to receive the certificate of completion. You have two opportunities to pass each exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $395.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.