check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Safety Director Certificate (SDC)
- class 23 Courses
- access_time 121:00 hours / 12.1 CEUs
The NASP Safety Director Certificate (SDC) indicates a high level of proficiency and is one of the most sought after certificates in the industry. The Safety Director Certificate is an indication of a level of proficiency expected of a safety professional who is capable of developing and managing a comprehensive facility-wide or corporate safety program. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety, but we find that the average completion time is approximately 121 hours. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Our Safety Director Certificate (SDC) Course will allow you to do the following:
- Develop advanced workplace safety management techniques
- Discover a brand new perspective of safety that will empower you
- Perform as a safety expert, manager, and administrator
- Learn training methodologies that change the way your employees work
- Avoid civil and criminal liability for accidents and injuries
- Determine proper interpretation and application of OSHA regulations
- Establish acceptable analysis and documentation of workplace hazards
- Manage workplace safety inspections and audits
- Investigate, analyze, and document workplace accidents and root cause analysis
- Create and manage a successful safety culture using the latest behavior modification techniques
- Develop, implement, and manage your own safety programs, saving your company money
- Learn requirements with OSHA compliance, workplace safety related EPA guidelines and relevant DOT regulations.
- Manage hazardous materials
- Learn techniques to prevent workplace violence
- Develop proper response to emergencies and implement an emergency management program
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of workplace safety and how to manage it effectively at your facility, with emphasis on how to gain management commitment and employee involvement.
Prerequisites and Authorization:
The SDC Certificate is a stand-alone Certificate. However, NASP/IASP's designations are designed to be achieved in a step by step building block process where each level achieved is a step toward the next higher level. Obtaining the SDC requires successful completion of 23 areas of specialization listed below.
The student will take an online exam at the end of each specialist course. You must score 80% to receive Certificate. You have two opportunities to pass each exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $495.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.