- class 18 Courses
- access_time 40:00 hours / 4.00 CEUs
This state-of-the-art course will cover in detail the regulatory and training requirements of the Hazardous Waste Operation and Emergency Response (29 CFR 1910.120) standard. OSHA states that a measure of the competence of an instructor is the successful completion of a train-the-trainer program with training and experience specific to the topics they will teach. This course meets the Appendix E HAZWOPER training requirements. Practical training must also be obtained to qualify yourself to meet the ‘experiential' requirements of the standard.
Students will receive:
- 2020 Emergency Response Guidebook
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
- Sample Plans, Programs, Audits and Checklists
- 16 Customizable PowerPoints
- Student Outlines, Handouts and Tests to be Used at Your Facility
This Train-the-Trainer meets the academic requirements of the topics below for individuals wishing to teach. A student who takes this course, and who has practical experience, will be qualified to train on the following topics:
- HAZMAT EMERGENCY RESPONSE AWARENESS
- HAZMAT EMERGENCY RESPONSE OPERATIONS
- HAZMAT EMERGENCY RESPONSE TECHNICIAN
- HAZMAT EMERGENCY RESPONSE SPECIALIST
- HAZMAT EMERGENCY RESPONSE INCIDENT COMMANDER
- HAZMAT EMERGENCY RESPONSE REFRESHER
- HAZWOPER GENERAL SITE WORKER (24 AND 40 HOUR)
- HAZWOPER GENERAL SITE WORKER SUPERVISOR
- HAZWOPER GENERAL SITE WORKER REFRESHER
- HAZWOPER FOR TSD FACILITIES
- HAZARD COMMUNICATION AND GHS
- DOT HAZMAT AWARENESS
- PPE AND RESPIRATORY PROTECTION
The HAZWOPER Train-the-Trainer Course is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites.
Continuing Education Units:
Four (4.0) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. CEUs will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam. Partial credit or adjusted CEUs will not be awarded for individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria for achievement of CEUs.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive certification. You have two opportunities to pass each exam.
A refresher exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $495.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination. View the full document here.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.
Introduction to HAZWOPER
The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
Required Safety and Health Plans and Programs
Chemical Terms and Concepts
HAZCOM Standard and GHS
Safety Data Sheets
Personal Protective Equipment
Confined Space Entry and Exposure Testing and Monitoring
Spill Control Techniques
Emergency Response and Decontamination Procedures
Incident Command System