check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
HAZMAT Emergency Response Refresher
- access_time 04:00 hours / 0.4 CEUs
This course is designed as a refresher for first responders at the awareness level. First responders at the awareness level are individuals who are likely to witness or discover a hazardous substance release and who have been trained to initiate an emergency response sequence by notifying the proper authorities of the release. They would take no further action beyond notifying the authorities of the release. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety. You have up to six months to complete the course.
- Understand what hazardous substances are, and the risks associated with them in an incident.
- Understand the potential outcomes associated with an emergency created when hazardous substances are present.
- Recognize the presence of hazardous substances in an emergency.
- Identify the hazardous substances, if possible.
- Understand of the role of the first responder awareness individual in the employer's emergency response plan including site security and control and the U.S. Department of Transportation's Emergency Response Guidebook.
- Realize the need for additional resources, and to make appropriate notifications to the communication center.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive certification. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every one (1) year. The cost of this recertification is $95
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.