check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
HAZMAT Emergency Response Refresher
- access_time 04:00 hours / 0.40 CEUs
This HAZMAT refresher is for anyone who has previously attended a HAZMAT Awareness, Operations, or Technician class. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Understand what hazardous substances are, and the risks associated with them in an incident.
- Understand the potential outcomes associated with an emergency created when hazardous substances are present.
- Recognize the presence of hazardous substances in an emergency.
- Identify the hazardous substances, if possible.
- Understand of the role of the first responder awareness individual in the employer's emergency response plan including site security and control and the U.S. Department of Transportation's Emergency Response Guidebook.
- Realize the need for additional resources, and to make appropriate notifications to the communication center.
Continuing Education Units:
(0.40) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. CEUs will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam. Partial credit or adjusted CEUs will not be awarded for individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria for achievement of CEUs.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every one (1) year. The cost of this recertification is $95.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.