check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Crane Derrick Safety Specialist (CDS)
- access_time 13:00 hours / 1.30 CEUs
This course will provide a student with the knowledge necessary to work safely with and around crane and derrick equipment. The student will be able to identify: the responsibilities of employers and employees, the safety requirements for various types of cranes and derricks, and the hazards associated with crane and derrick equipment. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Explain the responsibilities of employers and employees when it comes to crane and derrick safety.
- Identify the different types of cranes, derricks, and safety equipment needed when using them.
- Explain the various types of equipment inspections.
- Explain the safety issues with wire rope and power lines.
- Explain the safety requirements concerning the assembly, disassembly, ground conditions and operation for cranes and derricks.
- Identify the signals used to ensure safe crane and derrick operation and the different types of fall protection when using cranes and derricks.
- Explain how hazards can be avoided when using cranes and derricks.
- Explain safe practices for hoisting personnel and equipment and the qualification and training process for personnel involved with operating cranes and derricks.
The Crane Derrick Safety Specialist (CDS) Course is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites.
Continuing Education Units:
(1.30) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. CEUs will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam. Partial credit or adjusted CEUs will not be awarded for individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria for achievement of CEUs.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $150.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination. View the full document here.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.