check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Training Methodology Specialist (TMS)
- access_time 08:00 hours / 0.80 CEUs
Safety training may not be perceived as the most exciting topic, but it can be the difference between life and death. Therefore, effective safety training is imperative. This course defines adult learning styles, reviews various models for implementing effective training objectives (ADDIE, ABCD, and others), differentiates training adults versus children, discusses methods for dealing with problem students, and explores ways to conduct training that empowers employees to work safely.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Define the various types of adult learning styles.
- Recognize the difference between the andragogy and pedagogy training methodologies.
- Define the various types of trainers and the characteristics of an effective trainer.
- Recognize the various types of problem students that may be encountered in adult training instruction.
- Effectively utilize the various types of training communications
- Define the components of an effective Safety Management Education and Training System.
- Conduct safety training that changes the way employees work within a successful safety culture.
Continuing Education Units:
(0.80) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. These will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive certification. You have two opportunities to pass each exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $95.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.