check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
ADA Compliance Certificate
- access_time 16:00 hours / 1.60 CEUs
With the rise of drive-by ADA lawsuits in the United States, it is incumbent upon business owners and operators alike to ensure ADA compliance within their organizations. Title III prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in the activities of places of public accommodations and requires newly constructed or altered places of public accommodation—as well as commercial facilities to comply with the ADA Standards.
This course provides in-depth guidance on the ADA accessibility standards so that students of this course are properly equipped to inspect, assess, and make improvements to your facility to prevent future ADA litigation. This course also discusses the rise of drive-by and surf-by ADA lawsuits and provides case studies with which to better understand precedent-setting case law.
Upon successful completion of this topic, the student will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Understand the applicability of ADA Title II and III regulations to private employers
- Interpret ADA Accessibility guidelines to ensure compliance within your organization
- Apply the building accessibility requirements for new construction, building alterations, and building additions
- Analyze the requirements for interior and exterior accessible routes to include walking surfaces, ramps, elevators, and lifts
- Determine the required accessible routes for your facility
- Interpret the requirements for entrances, doors, and gates within your facility
- Apply the requirements for accessible parking located on or within your facility to include number of spaces, means of egress, size, and location
- Inspect your facility for compliance with ADA regulations encompassing toilet and bathing rooms, lavatories, and sinks
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive certification. You have two opportunities to pass each exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $150.