check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Environmental Specialist (ENS)
- access_time 13:00 hours / 1.30 CEUs
This course is designed for the busy environmental or safety professional who desires to improve their knowledge and credentials but has little time for classroom training. Understanding the quagmire of EPA and other applicable regulations can be an overwhelming task. This course provides a thorough review of the various regulations that may impact your facility. This includes hazardous waste management, SPCC and SWP3 Plans.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will attain the designation of Environmental Specialist (ENS). With this certificate, the student will have acquired the knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, and environmental health.
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices.
- Conduct environmental assessments and inspections.
- Determine solid waste types, generator specifications, transporter requirements, and choose a reputable TSDF.
- Create a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and Spill Control and Countermeasures, if applicable.
- Ensure compliance with current environmental laws and regulations.
- Understand the implications that not following environmental laws and regulations can have on health and the environment.
The Environmental Specialist (ENS) Course is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites.
Continuing Education Units:
(1.30) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. CEUs will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam. Partial credit or adjusted CEUs will not be awarded for individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria for achievement of CEUs.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $150.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.
Our Environmental Specialist Certificate covers:
- Introduction to the Environmental Protection Agency RCRA, CERCLA, SARA
- Introduction to Hazardous Materials
- Air, Water and Waste Permits
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- Hazardous Waste Management and Minimization
- Spill Control and Containment Plans and Programs and used oil
- Universal Wastes