check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Welding Cutting Brazing Specialist (WCB)
- access_time 13:00 hours / 1.3 CEUs
This course will provide a student with the knowledge necessary to work safely in a hot work environment involving welding, cutting, and brazing. The student will be able to identify: the hazards associated with these hot works; safety requirements for different types of welding, cutting, and brazing; and the fire prevention and protection practices for hot work environments. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will attain the designation of Welding, Cutting, and Brazing Safety Specialist (WCB). With this certification, the student will have acquired the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- identify different types of welding, cutting, and brazing and the general hazards associated with them
- identify hazards and the safety requirements for arc welding
- identify hazards and the safety requirements for handling compressed gases and gas welding
- identify the hazards and the safety requirements for different types of resistance welding
- identify hazards, and the safety practices suggested for other types of welding, such as energy beam and solid-state processes
- identify specific health hazards associated with welding, cutting, and brazing operations and the protective measures that can be taken against these hazards
- identify fire prevention and protection practices in relation to welding, cutting, and brazing operations
- identify confined space and ventilation hazards and the safety requirements for welding, cutting, and brazing
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive certification. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $150.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.