check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Forklift Safety Specialist (FSS)
- access_time 13:00 hours / 1.3 CEUs
This is an independent study course that gives you a comprehensive understanding of workplace safety and teaches you how to manage safety in your workplace. This course discusses common types and classes of forklifts, operator safety rules, training requirements, and forklift selection for hazardous locations. Included in this course is a comprehensive look into OSHA regulations and the latest advancement in ANSI B56.1-2018 consensus standards. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety. You have up to six months to complete the course.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $95.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
• Identify types and class of common forklifts
• Understand and implement forklift principles
• Comprehend forklift training requirements
• Assess basic operator safety rules
• Compare Hazardous Locations and how they affect forklift selection
• Maximize employee safety during maintenance