check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Confined Space Entry Specialist – Construction
- access_time 08:00 hours / 0.80 CEUs
This course provides an understanding of the concept of a confined space and the various elements that may require a permit to be issued. The course focuses on assessing the hazards that may be found on construction site confined spaces and the proper means of the elimination of hazards and means for entry. It delves into the proper implementation of a comprehensive confined space entry program with an emphasis on hazard identification and the elements of an effective confined space permit. Roles, responsibilities and training requirements of all CSE personnel will be thoroughly covered. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Our Confined Space Entry Specialist Certificate covers:
- Definition of Confined Space (three elements)
- Examples & Assessment Procedures
- Concept of Isolation
- Hazardous Atmospheres
- Monitoring Equipment
- Environmental Hazards
- Engulfment Hazards
- Confined Space Configurations
- Elements of a Permit – Issuance, Cancellation and Suspension
- Competent Person/Contractor Requirements
- Entrant, Attendant, Supervisor and Rescue Service Members
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Non-entry Rescue Equipment and Procedures
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $150.