check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Petroleum Safety Manager & Administrator (PSMA) - Pipeline Systems
- access_time 40:00 hours / 4.00 CEUs
The Certificate Petroleum Safety Manager & Administrator – Pipelines (PSMA) indicates a management level of operational skills and proficiency covering rules, regulations, and tools that are critical to safety throughout this vast, diversified, and complex industry. A wide range of expertise and managerial skills required to constantly update procedures, verify compliance, and continually improve operational performance is presented. This course provides the student with the knowledge and expertise to remain current with regulations, protocols, and new industry standards for safely building, operating, and maintaining hazardous liquid and natural gas pipelines. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety, but we find that the average completion time is approximately 40 hours. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Review an introduction to regulation of pipelines and LNG facilities in the U.S.
- Discuss PHMSA’s regulatory and enforcement processes
- Identify what makes up a regulatory framework and enforcement framework
- Distinguish the types of line pipe and system components typical to the pipeline network
- Identify the industry codes and standards applicable to pipeline design
- Explain the importance of pipe coating operations
- Assess the methods of pipeline leak detection outlined in 49 CFR 195
- Demonstrate the steps undertaken during pipeline construction
- Discuss the importance of trenching safety when construction pipelines
- Identify the various types of pipeline inspections and understand their purpose
- Differentiate the types of confined spaces found within a refinery
- Distinguish between various spill control, containment, and confinement techniques
- Explain Safety Management Systems (SMS) API RP 1173
Continuing Education Units:
Four (4.00) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. These will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam for this course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass each exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $375.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.