check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist (VPS)
- access_time 13:00 hours / 1.30 CEUs
This is an intensive independent study course that gives you a comprehensive understanding of workplace violence prevention and teaches you how to manage the safety aspects of the topic in your workplace. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety. You have up to six months to complete the course.
• Understand the significant impact of violence in the country and in the workplace
• Define the various types of violence found in the workplace
• Recognize the factors associated with workplace violence for appropriate risk assessment
• Identify potentially violent employees to include signs and risk indicators
• Employ the response techniques associated with the various levels of workplace violence
• Apply the various compliance requirements associated with workplace violence, to include recordkeeping and reporting
• Effectively develop, manage, and evaluate a workplace violence prevention plan that includes appropriate control measures and employee training
Our Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist Certificate covers:
- The Problem of Violence in America
- The Problem of Violence in the Workplace
- Types of Violence
- Factors Which May Increase Risk of Assault
- Identifying a Potentially Violent Worker
- Managing and Surviving Disruptive, Threatening, or Violent Behavior
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $150.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.