check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Petroleum Safety Specialist (PSS) - Drilling & Servicing
- access_time 24:00 hours / 2.40 CEUs
This course identifies common hazards and possible solutions for reducing incidents that could lead to injuries or fatalities. The student learns to identify typical processes and procedures of this industry, consider many associated accident causes, look for trends and then prevent these accidents. Plan your program or evaluate an existing safety program and then institute a plan – do – act procedure that assigns program responsibilities and provides for continual program improvement. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety, but we find that the average completion time is approximately 24 hours. You have up to six months to complete the course.
The student will function as a key team member or team leader defining and assessing hazard mitigation methodologies, providing critical review of programs and methods, and preparing regularly scheduled reports recommending changes that will provide for continual improvement of job safety programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will attain the designation of Petroleum Safety Specialist – Drilling and Servicing (PSS). With this certificate, the student will have acquired the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Define and assess hazard mitigation methodologies as it relates to oil and gas drilling.
- Provide critical review of programs and methods of drilling practices.
- Identify common hazards and possible solutions for reducing incidents that could lead to injuries or fatalities.
- Identify typical processes and procedures for the industry.
- Prepare for common procedures that lead to accidents and how to mitigate them.
- Anticipate hazards associated with hydrogen sulfide.
- Choose the best prevention method of exposure to hydrogen sulfide.
The Petroleum Safety Specialist (PSS) - Drilling & Servicing Course is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites.
Continuing Education Units:
(2.40) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. CEUs will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam. Partial credit or adjusted CEUs will not be awarded for individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria for achievement of CEUs.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam for this course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass each exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $300.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination. View the full document here.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.
Our Petroleum Safety Specialist (Drilling and Servicing) course covers:
- Identification of common hazards and how to prevent accidents
- Reference guide and terminology
- Site preparation, equipment, tools
- Drilling operations and procedures
- Well completion and transition procedures
- Servicing procedures
- Safety considerations when plugging and abandoning a well