check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Petroleum Safety Manager & Administrator (PSMA) - Drilling & Servicing
- access_time 40:00 hours / 4.00 CEUs
The Certificate Petroleum Safety Manager & Administrator – Oil & Gas Well Drilling & Servicing (PSMA) indicates a management level of operational skills and proficiency covering rules, regulations, and tools that are critical to safety throughout this vast, diversified, and complex industry. A wide range of expertise and managerial skills required to constantly update procedures, verify compliance, and continually improve operational performance is presented. This course provides the student with the knowledge and expertise to remain current with regulations, protocols, and new industry standards for safely drilling and servicing oil wells. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety, but we find that the average completion time is approximately 40 hours. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will attain the designation of Petroleum Safety Manager & Administrator – Oil & Gas Well Drilling & Servicing (PSMA). With this certificate, the student will have acquired the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Review an introduction to regulation of well drilling and servicing
- Discuss the general requirements for drilling and well servicing equipment
- Identify the hazards common to well drilling operations
- Distinguish the types of well stimulation methods and their hazards
- Explain the purpose of wireline operations
- Assess the hazards related to gas, air, and mist drilling operations
- Discuss stripping and snubbing operations
- Identify the hazards related to flowback operations
- Implement safe work practices as they relate to well drilling and servicing
- Mitigate hazards related to hydrogen sulfide
- Explain the importance of safety and health management systems within well drilling and servicing
- Discuss IADC guidelines and HSE principles as they relate to well drilling and servicing safety
The Petroleum Safety Manager & Administrator (PSMA) - Drilling & Servicing Course is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites.
Continuing Education Units:
Four (4.00) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. CEUs will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam. Partial credit or adjusted CEUs will not be awarded for individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria for achievement of CEUs.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam for this course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass each exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $375.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination. View the full document here.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.