check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Lockout Tagout Specialist (LTS)
- access_time 13:00 hours / 1.30 CEUs
This course will provide a student with the extensive knowledge to perform proper lockout tagout, including the six steps for LOTO, develop an HECP, and identify proper EIDs and LOTO devices. The student will be able to understand when group LOTO is necessary and understand the requirement for contractors, communication and training. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Determine when LOTO is applicable.
- Understand the importance of proper LOTO.
- Possess the ability to develop a comprehensive LOTO program.
- Perform, as well as train on, LOTO in a facility with emphasis on machine-specific procedures, limitations, and roles and responsibilities of affected and authorized personnel.
The Lockout Tagout Specialist (LTS) Course is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites.
Continuing Education Units:
(1.30) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. CEUs will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam. Partial credit or adjusted CEUs will not be awarded for individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria for achievement of CEUs.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $150.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination. View the full document here.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.
Our Lockout Tagout Specialist Certificate covers:
- Definition of LOTO
- Hazardous Energy Control Procedure (HECP)
- Exceptions to Rule (Cord and Plug)
- Energy Isolation Devices
- Lockout Tagout Devices
- Six Step Process to Proper LOTO
- Writing Your LOTO Program
- Group LOTO
- Training for Affected and Authorized Personnel
- Periodic Inspections
- OSHA Interpretations & Rulings