check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Petroleum Safety Specialist (PSS) - Pipeline Systems
- access_time 24:00 hours / 2.40 CEUs
This course identifies common hazards and possible solutions for reducing incidents that could lead to injuries or fatalities. The student learns to identify typical processes and procedures of this industry, consider many associated accident causes, look for trends and then prevent these accidents. Plan your program or evaluate an existing safety program and then institute a plan – do – act procedure that assigns program responsibilities and provides for continual program improvement. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety, but we find that the average completion time is approximately 24 hours. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Identify multiple pipeline technology and systems
- Distinguish between varying underground storage methods
- Differentiate use and type of numerous pipeline types
- Describe the role, authority, and enforcement powers of PHMSA as it relates to pipeline safety
- Analyze pipeline construction methods
- Implement pipeline assessment techniques
- Apply emergency response procedures
- Identify causes of internal and external pipe corrosion
- Evaluate the use, hazards, and properties of common hydrocarbon liquids
- Describe operator qualifications
- Interpret the various methods for remediating pipeline defects
The Petroleum Safety Specialist (PSS) - Pipeline Systems Course is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites.
Continuing Education Units:
(2.40) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. CEUs will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam. Partial credit or adjusted CEUs will not be awarded for individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria for achievement of CEUs.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $300.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination. View the full document here.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.