Incident Investigation Specialist (IIS)
- access_time 13:00 hours / 1.30 CEUs
Accidents are unplanned and unintentional events that result in harm or loss to personnel, property, production, or nearly anything that has some inherent value. Understanding how to prevent or control accidents requires an understanding of the sequence of events leading to an accident in order to identify and implement countermeasures that contain risks. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Incident Investigation as an Element of a SMS
- Loss Causation Model
- The Initial Investigation at the Accident Scene
- Immediate Post-Accident Actions
- Documenting the Accident Scene
- Controlling Evidence and Obtaining Witness Statements
- Collecting, Preserving, and Documenting Evidence
- Managing the Accident Investigation
- Determining Direct, Contributing and Root Cause
- Basic and Advanced Root Cause Analysis Tools and Techniques
- Analyzing, Trending and Reporting the Results
The Incident Investigation Specialist (IIS) Course is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites.
Continuing Education Units:
(1.30) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. CEUs will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam. Partial credit or adjusted CEUs will not be awarded for individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria for achievement of CEUs.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $150.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination. View the full document here.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.