check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
COVID-19 Infectious Disease Prevention Specialist (IDS)
- access_time 08:00 hours / 0.8 CEUs
This is an independent study course that gives you a comprehensive understanding of infectious disease, how to prepare your company for a pandemic, and how to build an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan. This course discusses risk reduction strategies to lower transmission rates of infectious disease in the workplace and provides a variety of methods to reduce employee exposure. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety. You have up to six months to complete the course.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.
For public safety and health employees attending this training for free, you will receive a complimentary pdf certificate of attendance. If you wish to have a hard copy (suitable for framing), NASP charges a processing fee of $20 for domestic students and $25 for international students which includes S&H.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Recall previous pandemics and understand how they shaped pandemic response in the United States
- Complete an Infection Prevention Risk Assessment to assess and identify risks in the workplace
- Build and implement an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan (IDPR)
- Classify worker exposure to infectious disease
- Define job responsibilities as it relates to implementing and following infectious disease plan
- Develop risk reduction strategies to lower transmission rates of infectious disease in the workplace
- Communicate to, and train employees on, newly implemented infectious disease policies and procedures