check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
HAZMAT Emergency Response Operations Level Training Course
- access_time 08:00 hours / 0.8 CEUs
Required by OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(q) for individuals who initially respond in a defensive fashion to releases of hazardous substances for the purpose of protecting life, property, or the environment.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive certification. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $95.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.
Our HAZWOPER Specialist Certification covers:
- Implement hazard and risk assessment techniques
- Understand various hazardous materials terms
- Determine appropriate levels of personal protective equipment for HAZMAT events
- Perform control, containment, and confinement operations
- Implement basic decontamination and termination procedures
- Differentiate between an emergency and non-emergency spill
- Identify potential equipment, manpower, and other resources necessary to implement a spill response
- Conduct proper response in the case of a spill, leak, or other type of pollutant discharge as well as reporting requirements to the various governmental entities