HAZMAT Emergency Response Operations Level Training
- access_time 08:00 hours / 0.80 CEUs
Required by OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(q) for individuals who initially respond in a defensive fashion to releases of hazardous substances for the purpose of protecting life, property, or the environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Implement hazard and risk assessment techniques
- Understand various hazardous materials terms
- Determine appropriate levels of personal protective equipment for HAZMAT events
- Perform control, containment, and confinement operations
- Implement basic decontamination and termination procedures
- Differentiate between an emergency and non-emergency spill
- Identify potential equipment, manpower, and other resources necessary to implement a spill response
- Conduct proper response in the case of a spill, leak, or other type of pollutant discharge as well as reporting requirements to the various governmental entities
The HAZMAT Emergency Response Operations Level Training Course is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites.
Continuing Education Units:
(0.80) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. CEUs will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam. Partial credit or adjusted CEUs will not be awarded for individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria for achievement of CEUs.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $95.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination. View the full document here.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.