check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
HAZMAT Emergency Response Incident Commander Training
- access_time 12:00 hours / 1.20 CEUs
This course is designed for individuals who are acting as incident commanders within their organization’s incident command system (ICS) or have the potential to become an initial incident commander upon arrival on the scene of an emergency response event as required by OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(q). The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Know and implement the various functions of the incident command system
- Understand and evaluate the hazards and risks associated with chemically protective clothing and PPE
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of successful response teams
- Disseminate the response core capabilities and critical tasks
- Differentiate between the levels of government responsible for providing aid under the Emergency Support Functions
- Know and understand the importance of decontamination procedures
- Identify the key components of an Emergency Response Plan
The HAZMAT Emergency Response Incident Commander Training Course is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites.
Continuing Education Units:
(1.20) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. CEUs will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam. Partial credit or adjusted CEUs will not be awarded for individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria for achievement of CEUs.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive a certificate. You have two opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $150.
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.