check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
Lockout Tagout Train-the-Trainer Classroom Course
- access_time16:00 hours / 1.60 CEUs
- May 16, 2023 - May 17, 2023
- State: North CarolinaCity/Town: RaleighHotel Information:
Hotel Accommodations: The host hotel (and training venue) for the event is the DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh Crabtree Valley. The hotel is located at 4100 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27612. The hotel has multiple rooms blocked for attendees, and you will receive a special room rate of $140.00/day (for a king) and $130.00/day (for two queens), plus taxes and resort fees (13.25%). Also, you must make your reservations by Monday, April 24, 2023.
- Click on ADD TO CART and fill out Payment Information. (You must pay for class in advance to be registered).
- Apply Coupon Code, if applicable.
- If paying with a check, send payment to: NASP/IASP, PO Box 3367, Wilmington NC 28406.
- If you are traveling from overseas, you must pay in advance and then you will receive a letter of invitation so you may apply for a VISA. Click here for details.
- Once completed, you will receive confirmation letter via email.
- Click here for details on our cancelation/student transfer policy.
This 2-day course will provide students with extensive knowledge on performing proper lockout tagout operations, developing an HECP, and identifying proper EIDs and LOTO devices. Students will be able to understand when group LOTO is necessary and understand the requirement for contractors, communication, and training.
- Meet the Train-the-Trainer requirements for individuals doing in-house training
- Learn training methodologies that change the way your employees work
- Save money by developing your own LOTO & HECP programs
- Avoid OSHA fines, civil and criminal liability for LOTO-related incidents and injuries
- Determine proper interpretation and application of OSHA’s 1910.147 regulations
- Take home a resource library of PowerPoints, sample plans, programs, and inspection checklists
- Obtain valuable CEUs (1.6) required by current certifications
- Click here to see the daily class schedule
This course will cover, in detail:
- Adult Training Methodologies
- Definition of LOTO
- Hazardous Energy Control Procedure (HECP)
- Exceptions to Rule (Cord and Plug)
- Energy Isolation Devices
- Lockout Tagout Devices
- Six Step Process to Proper LOTO
- Developing Your LOTO Program
- LOTO and NFPA 70E
- Group LOTO
- Training for Affected and Authorized Personnel
- Periodic Inspections
- OSHA Interpretations & Rulings
***Click here to see what our customers are saying.
***Click here to see what makes our classes so great.
Students will receive:
- Student Reference Manual and Handout Materials
- Sample Plans and Programs
- Sample Audit and Checklist Forms
- Customizable PowerPoints
- Student Outlines, Handouts, and Tests to be Used at Your Facility
Prerequisites and Authorization:
The Lockout Tagout Train-the-Trainer is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites; however, prior knowledge of workplace safety is highly recommended.
Continuing Education Units:
(1.6) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. CEUs will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam. Partial credit or adjusted CEUs will not be awarded for individuals who do not successfully meet the criteria for achievement of CEUs.
The student will take an exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive a Certificate. You have two opportunities to pass the exam. An online retake exam will be provided if the first attempt is unsuccessful.
Click here to see what our students have been saying about our courses.
This course does not require a refresher; however, it is strongly recommended that students retake this course at least once every three (3) years to stay up to date regarding regulatory changes. The refresher cost is $195.
The class will be held from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday and 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Wednesday. Lunch will be provided both days, with snacks and refreshments served daily.
Three or more students from the same company will receive a $100 discount per student if they sign up for the same course date and location. If you have three (3) or more students, call us at 800 922-2219 and speak to a customer service representative for assistance. (May not combine with other promotional discounts.)
We hope you do not have to cancel; however, if you need to cancel, cancellation notices received in writing seven (7) or more days before the first day of class will be refunded in full, minus a 10% admin fee. Cancellations received less than seven (7) days before the first day of class will be refunded 75% of the course fee in the form of an NASP Voucher for future training. Unused Vouchers expire one year after the date of issue. Substitutions are welcomed. No shows and cancellations received after the start of class will not be eligible for a refund. This policy will be enforced so please plan ahead. If you need to cancel call us at 800 922-2219 and speak to a customer service representative for assistance.
In the unlikely event that a course must be canceled by NASP, student will receive a full reimbursement of tuition costs. NASP is not responsible for travel and per diem that may be incurred by student. This includes, but is not limited to, airfare, hotel accommodations, rental vehicles, or meals.
For Information on Additional Course Dates and Locations:
NASP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination. View the full document here.
Proprietary Interest Disclosure:
The instructor(s) has no financial interest in any course documents, products, tools, or instruments. View the full document here.