check_boxCourse already added to your cart.
40 Hour Confined Space Entry & Rescue Train-The-Trainer
- access_time40:00 hours / 4.00 CEUs
- Oct 31, 2022 - Nov 04, 2022
- State: North CarolinaCity/Town: WilmingtonHotel Information:
The hotel for the event is the Courtyard Marriott Downtown Wilmington, located at 229 N 2nd St, Wilmington, NC 28401. They have multiple rooms blocked for attendees, and you will receive a special room rate of $109 a night + 13% tax. Upon registration, we will provide a hotel booking link via email to receive the discounted room rate.
- Click on ADD TO CART and fill out Payment Information. (You must pay for the class in advance to be registered).
- Apply Coupon Code, if applicable.
- If paying with a check, please contact customer support and send payment to: NASP/IASP, PO Box 3367, Wilmington, NC 28406.
- If you are traveling from overseas, you must pay in advance and then you will receive a letter of invitation so you may apply for a VISA. Click here for details.
- Once payment is received, you will receive a confirmation letter via email.
- Click here for details on our cancelation/student transfer policy.
Confined Space Entry & Rescue Train-the-Trainer Overview
This intensive, hands-on course aboard the Battleship USS North Carolina will use adult training methodologies and provide an understanding of the concept of a confined space and the various elements that may require a permit to be issued. The course focuses on assessing the hazards that may be present in a confined space and the appropriate means of elimination. It delves into the proper implementation of a comprehensive confined space entry program with an emphasis on hazard identification and the elements of an effective confined space permit. Roles, responsibilities, and training requirements of all CSE personnel will be thoroughly covered.
Our Confined Space Entry & Rescue Train-the-Trainer Certification Covers:
• Definition of Confined Space (three elements)
• Examples & Assessment Procedures
• Concept of Isolation (Lockout Tagout, blanking and blinding)
• Hazardous Atmospheres (oxygen, flammables, toxic, dust)
• Atmospheric Monitoring & Associated Equipment
• Environmental Hazards & Engulfment Hazards
• Confined Space Configurations
• Elements of a Permit (issuance, use, restrictions, and record-keeping)
• Entrant, Attendant, Supervisor, Rescue Service Members
• Personal Protective Equipment (including use of SCBA)
• Non-entry Rescue Equipment and Procedures (tripods and other extrication devices)
• Vertical Entries (basic repelling systems)
• Horizontal Entries (non-line of sight rescues)
• Entry Equipment (winch/davit, mechanical advantage systems, others)
**Please note: this course will require intensive, physical, hands-on training. Over 70% of this course is hands-on in a confined space. Various confined space rescue simulations and skill stations will be performed by all team members throughout the week. Medical clearance for the use of SCBA is recommended but not required. Dress appropriately. This course meets NFPA 1006 and 1670 Technician level and OSHA 1910.146 standards and response guidelines.
In addition, the course will include the following rescue concepts:
• CSR checklists
• Team entry operations
• Command and support operations
• Ropes, knots, and auxiliary equipment
• Mechanical advantage systems
• Multiple rescuer entries
• IDLH atmosphere entries for rescue
• Air system selection and use
• Patient packaging and removal operations
***Click here to see what our customers are saying.
***Click here to see what makes our classes so great.
Students will receive:
- Student Reference Manual and Handout Materials
- All 1910 and 1926 CFRs
- Sample Plans and Programs
- Sample Audit and Checklist Forms
- Customizable PowerPoints
- Student Outlines, Handouts and Tests to be Used at Your Facility
Continuing Education Units:
Four (4.0) CEUs are offered for this course. As an IACET Accredited Provider, NASP offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. These will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam.
- Confined Space Entry Awareness
- Confined Space Entry for Attendants
- Confined Space Entry for Entrants
- Confined Space Entry for Supervisors
- Confined Space Rescue
Find out more about this class:
Click here to see what this class is all about.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $395.
The class will be held from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Thursday, and Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Class is held in the Ward Room, on the USS North Carolina Battleship (http://www.battleshipnc.com). Lunch will be provided Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, with snacks and refreshments served daily.
Three or more students from the same company will receive a $200 discount per student if they sign up for the same course date and location. If you have three (3) or more students, call us at 800 922-2219 and speak to a customer service representative for assistance. (May not combine with other promotional discounts.)
We hope you do not have to cancel; however, if you need to cancel, cancellation notices received in writing seven (7) or more days before the first day of class will be refunded in full, minus a $50 admin fee. Cancellations received less than seven (7) days before the first day of class will be refunded 75% of the course fee in the form of an NASP Voucher for future training. Unused Vouchers expire one year after the date of issue. Substitutions are welcomed. No shows and cancellations received after the start of class will not be eligible for a refund. This policy will be enforced so please plan ahead. If you need to cancel call us at 800 922-2219 and speak to a customer service representative for assistance.
In the unlikely event that a course must be canceled by NASP, student will receive a full reimbursement of tuition costs. NASP is not responsible for travel and per diem that may be incurred by student. This includes, but is not limited to, airfare, hotel accommodations, rental vehicles, or meals.
For Information on Additional Course Dates and Locations: